Aquavit Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Aquavit”) Privacy Statement
Aquavit collects personal information in order to serve you and communicate with you. This Privacy Statement explains how Aquavit uses and discloses your personal information and answers specific questions that you may have regarding privacy and security. If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Your consent.
By using this site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Whenever you submit information on this site, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
2. Children’s Privacy.
The Aquavit website is not intended to attract children, and we do not knowing collect any personal information of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us at email@example.com so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate information. We encourage parents to talk to their children about the information they disclose over the Internet.
2. Information Provided by You.
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to your personal information. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. Personal information includes both information that is required (information needed to process payments, our Rewards Program [LINK] and the like) and information that is optional (information about newsletters, rewards). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional. You may always choose not to provide any information that is required information, but then you may not be able to participate in the particular activity that requires such information.
3. Our collection of Passive Information.
As you navigate through this website, certain anonymous information can be collected without you actively providing such information. This passive information is collected through the use of various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, and web beacons. Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information to us in an anonymous form. We may use this anonymous information to provide better services to our visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve our website. We treat this information as personal information only when it is associated with personally identifiable information provided by you.
4. More information on Passive Collection of Data.
· “Cookies”: A cookie is a bit information that a website sends to your browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences. Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to helping you login (e.g., remembering your user name if you register or login), remembering some of your customized user preferences, to help us better understand how people use our Web site, to collect anonymous traffic data, and to help us improve our site.
"Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site "remembers" previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the site. Session cookies are erased once you exit your web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
"Persistent" cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, helping to determine what areas of the site you may find most valuable, and customizing the site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
Most browsers, by default, automatically permit cookies, but also give you the ability to control the majority of cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. Look under the settings for your particular web browser for information about controlling cookies.
· “Internet Protocol Address (IP Address)”: An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
· “Internet Tags”. Internet tags (also known as Web Beacons, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell a website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
· "Navigational data" (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
5. How Aquavit Uses and Discloses Information.
Aquavit may use the information collected via this site for its business purposes, such as:
· To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
· Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
· To administer promotional programs, such as sweepstakes, rewards and rebate programs;
· To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programs;
· If you have a business or professional relationship with Aquavit, to develop our business relationship with you;
· For our research and development efforts;
· To anonymize data so that it is no longer identifiable personal information;
· For product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communicate product safety information to you;
· In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of this site to which the information relates, in which case we will require any such buyer to agree to treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement and use it for the same purposes;
· To allow contractors we use to support our business (such as technical support, delivery services and financial institutions), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement and use it for the same purposes;
· To respond to law enforcement requests or where required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations; and
· For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and corporate governance.
6. Your Choices.
You can always limit the information you provide to Aquavit. You can also limit the communications that Aquavit sends to you by following a simple opt-out process. Simply follow the instructions in our emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from our website as well as product safety communications.
7. Access and Correction.
Aquavit respects your right to access and correct personal identifiable information. You may update such personal information at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly by logging into on your online account, should you have one. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
8. Information Security.
Aquavit has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard personally identifiable information from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error free.
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the U.S.
Aquavit is headquartered in the United States of America. Your personal identifiable information may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our affiliates and data processors elsewhere in the world. By providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer to the U.S. which your country may not consider to provide for adequate privacy protections. We will always protect the privacy and security of your personal information as expressed in this policy, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
10. Privacy Policies of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Aquavit. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy policies too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
11. Forums, Product Reviews and Other Public Areas
12. How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online at email@example.com. You can reach us via mail at the address below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
Aquavit Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
100 Park Avenue, 16th Floor
New York, NY10017. United States.
13. Changes to this Privacy Statement.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice on our homepage when we make material changes to this the Privacy Statement. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously collected personal information, we will notify you about the change by sending a notice to the primary email address associated with your account. Any portions of this policy are void to the extent they are prohibited by applicable law.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on October 24, 2013.